The spokesperson of the Governemtn of South Sudan told journalists today that despite the two-day military aggressions, he still hopes that the President of Sudan will visit Juba next week.
Salva Kiir Mayardit and Omar Al-Bashir were scheduled to hold a presidential summit in Juba next Tuesday to discuss oil and border security issues.The media reported that Mr Al Bashir called off his trip to Juba due to the escalation in the border tensions.
Barnaba Marial Benjamin said even though bombing is going on in Jau, Pariang and Bentiu, Juba still expects President Al-Bashir to come for the summit on April 3 to resolve post-independence pending issues.
He explained that there is no official communication from the Sudanese government that Mr Al-Bashir has suspended his visit.
Dr Marial added that Juba stands on its position to welcome President Al-Bashir as the negotiating teams agreed in Addis Ababa last week.
