You are here

Home
Radio Bakhita
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 16:54
Allow safe delivery of humanitarian aid, Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan urges parties to the conflict after the killing of an aid worker in Bentiu over the weekend bringing a total of aid workers killed to 98.
 
Alain Noudehou urges government and the opposition groups to ensure that the operational environment is conducive for workers to deliver aid.
 
He says the events are a reminder of the dangers that humanitarian workers face in giving help each day.
 
He condemns the targeted killing of the aid worker in Bentiu, demanding those responsible to be brought to justice.
 
Noudehou also calls for the immediate and unconditional release of seven aid workers abducted by an armed group while travelling from Kupera to Lainya Counties to deliver supplies to health centers.
 
The humanitarian coordinator urges the conflicting parties to allow free, safe and unhindered access to reach the millions of South Sudanese people in need.
 
Last week, Information Minister Michael Makuei after the council of ministers’ meeting says humanitarian agencies have never reported any case of attack to the government.
 
Over the weekend, armed men shot at an NGO vehicle transporting five aid workers along Nhialdlu-Bentiu road, killing one staff working for Hope Restoration.
 
The killing brings a total of aid workers killed in South Sudan to 98 since the start of the conflict in 2013.
 
CARE International staff also reported to have been robbed at gunpoint while travelling in the area on the same day.
 

Catholic Radio Network

SCBC General Secretariat
PO Box 258
Hai Jerusalem
Juba - South Sudan
catholicradionetwork.org

+211 0924217188
+211 0910564038
+211 0954005487